Homeowners and builders can qualify for more than $4,000 in incentives when building a new home!
Minnesota Power’s New Construction Energy Efficiency Program seeks to promote building practices and technologies that enhance the energy-efficiency, comfort, health and durability of the new construction market in and around Minnesota Power’s service territory. Think of your home as an energy-efficient system that can be optimized to deliver the outcomes you desire (comfort, durability, energy performance, operational efficiency, cost control). The New Construction Energy Efficiency Program encourages energy-efficiency upgrades and ensures quality building by conducting on-site inspections and completing home performance tests.
Minimum Requirements to Participate:
- Home will be heated primarily with electric heat.
- Installing an Energy/Heat Recovery Ventilator (ERV/HRV) with a minimum sensible recovery efficiency (SRE) of 60%.
Free Program Offers:
- A plan review prior to construction
- On-site inspection during construction to help identify energy efficiency opportunities
- A final home performance inspection that includes a building air-tightness (blower door) test and infrared thermal scan (if temperature difference allows)
Air Sealing Incentives: Measured by ACH50 (Air changes per hour at 50 pascals)
|Continuous Wall Insulation - R-21 +5 or equivalent U-value||$800|
|Foundation Walls - R-20+||$450|
|Under-slab Insulation (R-10 for non-heated and R-20 for heated)||$225|
|Attic Insulation - R-60+||$125|
|Exposed Floor Insulation - R-38 +5 or equivalent U-value||$100|
|Efficient Windows - < 0.28 U-value||$400|
HVAC Bonus Incentives
|Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP) - Cold Climate||$1,500|
|Ground Source Heat Pump - MNGHPA Master Installer (per ton)||$1,200|
|Ground Source Heat Pump (per ton)||$1,000|
|ASHP - ENERGY STAR®||$500|
Water Heating Incentives
|Heat Pump Water Heater||$600|
Building Certification Bonus
|ENERGY STAR®, Indoor airPLUS, DOE Zero Energy Ready Homes, PHIUS (Passive)||$250|