Minnesota Power is a utility company based in Duluth, Minn., and is owned by ALLETE, Inc., a provider of affordable, reliable energy services in the Upper Midwest. Other ALLETE businesses include Superior Water, Light & Power; ALLETE Clean Energy; ALLETE Renewable Resources; BNI Energy; and New Energy Equity.
- Service territory:
- We provide electricity in a 26,000-square-mile service area in northeastern Minnesota.
- About 1,494
- We serve about 150,000 residential and commercial customers, 14 municipalities and some of the nation’s largest industrial customers.
and distribution lines:
500 kV: 232 miles
345 kV: 241 miles
250 kV: 466 miles
230 kV: 715 miles
161 kV: 43 miles
138 kV: 8 miles
115 kV: 1,376 miles
Less than 115 kV: 6,416 miles
- Boswell Energy Center, Taconite Harbor Energy Center
- Biomass and coal:
- Hibbard Renewable Energy Center
- Biomass, coal & hydro:
- Rapids Energy Center
- Taconite Ridge Energy Center, Bison Wind Energy Center
- Thomson, Fond du Lac, Scanlon, Knife Falls, Pillager, Sylvan, Little Falls, Blanchard, Prairie River, Winton
- Natural Gas:
- Laskin Energy Center
- Sylvan, Camp Ripley, Laskin, Jean Duluth