$100 ECM Fan Replacement Rebate*
Minnesota Power offers a rebate for replacing an existing standard fan motor (PSC) with a multi-speed electronically commutated motor (ECM) fan in a forced air furnace or air handler on heat pumps.
Available on purchases made January 1–December 31, 2022
How to Get Your Rebate on a Replacement ECM
- Purchase and have installed a new ECM fan to replace a PSC fan motor in an existing forced air furnace or heat pump. A program participating contractor will provide proper installation services.
- You must use a program participating contractor to qualify for the rebate. Contractors will complete the paperwork necessary for the rebate.
- You must be a residential retail customer of a participating electric utility.
- Work with a participating contractor.
- NOTE: This offer does not apply to new or existing furnaces or heat pumps with ECM Fans.
Please allow 8–10 weeks for receipt of rebate check. Some restrictions may apply.
Talk with a participating contractor to determine if a replacement ECM Fan is the "right" application for your existing furnace or heat pump and to determine the costs and payback versus standard PSC motor options. In most cases, a furnace less than 10 years old will benefit from a replacement ECM Fan from an energy savings and comfort perspective. If you have a service contract on your heating system, we recommend consulting your service provider before making any changes.
For questions about the status of your rebate, call 1-855-669-8196.
* Minnesota Power and participating municipal utilities, by providing this rebate, do not warrant the equipment or the work of the contractor and are not responsible for any personal injury or damage caused by the equipment. The sponsoring utilities reserve the right to withdraw the offer without notice. Rebate subject to homeowners working with a participating contractor and to contractor meeting performance standards. The contractor will file the rebate for you. Rebate cannot exceed total project cost including product and labor.