The following documents were created by a group of industry stakeholders and approved by the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission (MPUC) to establish interconnection processes and standards for customers connecting distributed generation to Minnesota Power’s distribution system. All applicable forms and applications must be completed and reviewed by Minnesota Power prior to installation.
- Interconnection Process for Distributed Generation Systems
- Distributed Generation Interconnection Requirements
- Engineering Studies
- State Interconnection Agreement
- Uniform Statewide Contract
- Interconnection Application (20kW or less)
- Distributed Generation Interconnection Application
- Additional Documents for DG Systems 100 kW or Larger
- Electric Service Agreement
- Power Purchase Agreement
- Confidentiality Agreement
Transmission Interconnection Guidelines
- Interconnection Guidelines For Substation/End Use Customers
- MISO's Generation Interconnection Process
Minnesota Power DG Rates
Minnesota Power (MP) offers three different tariffs applicable to distributed generation (DG) interconnected to MP's distribution system. The three tariffs are: Rider for Parallel Generation, Rider for Distributed Generation Service, and Community-Based Energy Development (C-BED).
- Rider for Parallel Generation - applicable to distributed generation systems under 40 kW or between 40 kW and 100 kW.
- Rider for Distributed Generation Service - applicable to all distributed generation systems under 10 MW connected to Minnesota Power’s distribution system.
- Community-Based Energy Development(C-BED) - applicable to community-based energy development projects located in the State of Minnesota that meet the terms of the tariff.
- Rider For Standby Service - applicable to all distributed generation systems 100 kW and larger.
- Electric Service Regulations - applicable to all Minnesota Power customers.
Minnesota Power Contacts
Questions Regarding DG Systems connected to Minnesota Power’s Distribution System:
Contact Paul Helstrom at 218-355-3720 or via e-mail at email@example.com Requests for Interconnection to Transmission Facilities:
Contact Christian Winter at 218-355-2908 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org