An important message for our customers from Minnesota Power
We understand COVID-19 is causing uncertainty and concern throughout our region and our nation. Protecting the health and safety of our employees, our families, our customers and our communities is of utmost priority to us. We recognize many of our residential customers may be facing financial hardship during this time and might be worried about paying their utility bill. We are announcing several measures to provide protections and enhance safety, including:
- Immediate suspension of disconnections for residential customers having financial hardship.
- Voluntary extension of Minnesota’s Cold Weather Rule through May 31.
- All other customers are encouraged to contact us at 800-228-4966 regarding payment arrangements and options.
- For the safety of our workers and our customers, we are suspending until further notice all non-emergency site visits that would involve direct contact with a customer.
- We will follow appropriate CDC guidelines when entering your home or business for emergency-related services only.
In this most challenging time, we want you to know that our talented employees will continue to provide the essential services that have powered our region for more than 100 years. Thank you for your trust in Minnesota Power as we work together to keep our communities, our customers, and our families healthy and safe.
ALLETE President and CEO