ASHP-Ducted + ECM-Replacement Combo Rebate
Interested in becoming a Minnesota Power participating contractor? Click here to find out how!
$500 Combo Rebate
on ENERGY STAR® Qualified ASHP with New ECM Fan Motor for Existing, Non-Electric Furnaces*
Minnesota Power offers a combo rebate on the proper installation of a ENERGY STAR® qualified, ducted Air Source Heat Pump (ASHP) plus an all season, whole house applicable Electronically Commutated Fan Motor (ECM) in an existing, non-electric forced air furnace.
Available January 1–December 31, 2019
How to Get Your Combo Rebate on an ENERGY STAR® Qualified, Ducted ASHP with ECM Fan Motor
- Have a program participating contractor install a new ducted ASHP system. A program participating contractor will provide proper installation services. The $500 ASHP with ECM Fan Motor Combo Rebate includes $300 for proper installation of an ENERGY STAR® qualified ASHP and $200 for the qualifying integrated ECM Fan Motor.
The contractor will work with you to ensure your system meets the rebate requirements and supports your existing forced air furnace. He or she will submit the required paperwork.
Note: ASHPs require specially trained contractors to qualify for the rebate. A CAC or non-ENERGY STAR® ASHP installation may qualify for a $50 Proper Installation Rebate. If you are installing a new furnace with ECM fan motor and integrated ENERGY STAR® ASHP, you may qualify for a $600 Combo Rebate.
- The ASHP must be an ENERGY STAR® qualified, furnace integrated unit.
- The ASHP must have an all season, whole house applicable ECM Fan Motor.
- You must be a retail customer of a participating utility.
- The system must be installed by a program participating contractor.
- If you are replacing an existing non-ENERGY STAR® ASHP, you may also qualify for this rebate.
Please allow 8–10 weeks for receipt of rebate check. Limit one rebate per home. Some restrictions may apply.
For questions about the status of your rebate, call 1-800-677-8423 (option 2).
* Minnesota Power and participating municipal utilities, by providing this rebate, do not warrant the equipment or the work of the contractor and are not responsible for any personal injury or damage caused by the equipment. The sponsoring utilities reserve the right to withdraw the offer without notice. Rebate subject to homeowners working with a participating contractor and to contractor meeting performance standards. The contractor will file the rebate for you.
Questions on Energy Conservation?