An important message for our customers from Minnesota Power and Superior Water, Light and Power
Mar 16, 2020
Press release translation: Spanish
We understand COVID-19 is causing uncertainty and concern throughout our region and our nation. Protecting the health and safety of our employees, our families, our customers and our communities is of utmost priority to us. As your community partner that delivers an essential service around the clock to more than 150,000 customers in Northeastern Minnesota and Northwestern Wisconsin, our employees at Minnesota Power and Superior Water Light and Power stand ready to ensure uninterrupted delivery of energy services that power our region’s homes, hospitals, schools, businesses and large industries. In the field and at our facilities, we are taking action to keep our employees safe through social distancing measures, and suspending nonessential business travel and large meetings.
We recognize many of our residential customers may be facing financial hardship during this time and worried about paying their utility bill. We are announcing several measures to provide protections and enhance safety, including:
- Immediate suspension of disconnections for residential customers having financial hardship.
- Voluntary extension of Minnesota’s Cold Weather Rule through May 31.
- Wisconsin’s winter disconnection moratorium protection for SWL&P residential customers has been extended through the public health emergency.
- All other customers are encouraged to contact us regarding payment arrangements and options.
- For the safety of our workers and our customers, we are suspending some non-emergency customer site visits including home energy analyses and other program visits, for the time being.
- We will follow appropriate CDC guidelines when entering your home or business for emergency-related services only.
In this most challenging time, we want you to know that our talented employees will continue to provide the essential services that have powered our region for more than 100 years. Thank you for your trust in Minnesota Power and Superior Water Light and Power as we work together to keep our communities, our customers, and our families healthy and safe.
ALLETE President and CEO
The statements contained in this release and statements that ALLETE may make orally in connection with this release that are not historical facts, are forward-looking statements. Actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements. These forwardlooking statements involve risks and uncertainties and investors are directed to the risks discussed in documents filed by ALLETE with the Securities and Exchange Commission.