What to do if your car hits a utility pole.
- Never touch or approach downed power lines. Always assume that downed wires are energized. Call Minnesota
Power immediately to report downed wires at 1-800-228-4966.
- Keep ladders, antennas, long-handled equipment and other conductive objects away from power lines.
- Never use electric tools near water or in the rain.
- Don't fly kites near electric lines. If kite string gets caught in a power line, leave it alone; don't
try to remove the string from the line. Instead, call Minnesota Power for assistance.
- Never climb a utility pole or a tree that is near electric wires.
- Never enter a substation or fenced enclosure that surrounds electrical equipment. The fenced-off area
is extremely dangerous.
Copyright © 2017 ALLETE, Inc., All Rights Reserved.