2016 Customer Co-Generation RFP
Proposals due 9/26/2016
Minnesota Power (MP), a division of ALLETE, Inc., has issued this Request for Proposals (RFP) and is seeking power supply proposals for up to a nominal 300 MW of capacity and unit-contingent energy from a co-generation facility owned and located at Minnesota Power retail customer currently served under the Large Power or Large Light and Power Service Schedule and the customer demand is greater than five (5) MW, beginning in the 2019 to 2023 timeframe. MP seeks cost-effective customer co-generation resources that utilize the efficiencies of locating generation where customer load exist and provide capacity that is accreditable under current Midcontinent Independent System Operator (MISO) Resource Adequacy rules. Proposals must reflect the cost and characteristics of the customer co-generation resource. Agreements are contingent upon Minnesota Public Utilities Commission (MPUC) approval and may require associated modifications to Electric Service Agreements also subject to MPUC approval.
- MN Power Customer Co-Generation RFP
- Exhibit A-Non-disclosure Agreement
- Exhibit B-PPA and TA Data
- Exhibit C-Asset Purchase Data
- Exhibit D-New Build Cost Buildup Data
- Exhibit E-General Information
- Exhibit F-Customer Co-Gen Partial Term Sheet
- Customer 2016 RFPs FAQ
- Informational Session PowerPoint 8/15/2016
- Informational Session WebEx Instructions
Click below to subscribe to the Minnesota Power Customer Co-Generation interest list. You will receive updates on the RFP as they occur.